Monday 3 September 2012

Slutty Brownies (aka heaven in a baked form)

These are, without a doubt, the easiest yet most delicious brownies ever. Yes ever.
I know what you're thinking - 'Oh but what about my grandmas/aunts/neighbours super secret recipe'... no. Nothing compares to these.

They consist of cookie, oreos and brownie. All in one. All made in under an hour. See? Easy yet delicious. Have I persuaded you yet?

Maybe this will:



I discovered this glorious creation whilst browsing (aka stalking)  The Londoners Blog. She's amazingly classy, cool and, from what I can gather, eats for a living. And she's got an amazing figure. So basically I want to be her (in case you hadn't got that yet). Due to their less than healthy state I'd been debating when was an appropriate time to finally bake them, and the fact that I go back to school again in a few days is definitely a good enough excuse. Speaking of going back to school, ROSALINE GOT INTO BRISTOL!! This is amazingly exciting and I'm so proud of her. However this does mean she's leaving me (but not for like a month yay) and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to cope. Probably by making and eating many of these brownies whilst quietly weeping into a mug of tea (I'm being slightly overdramatic I realise, it's only like an hour away and I'm planning on regularly visiting). 

So yes, these brownies are possibly the greatest thing you will ever eat (although I slightly overcooked mine) and I highly recommend making them whenever possible. And obviously you can make them from scratch, but the box versions are just as delicious and much easier!


Ingredients:
One box of  chocolate chip cookie mix (I used Betty Crocker, obvs)
One box of chocolate brownie mix (once again, Betty)
2 eggs
Vegetable oil
Water
2 packets of oreos

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a baking tray

2. Make cookie mix as shown on the box, adding an extra teaspoon of oil and water to make sure the cookie doesn't dry out in the oven.

3. Squidge the cookie mix into the baking tray evenly, and arrange oreos on top.

4. Make brownie mix as shown on the box and pour on top of the oreos, making sure to cover  the whole thing.

5. Bake for 30 minutes

6. When done (the brownie won't crack on top by the way which is what I was waiting for) leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then lift the whole thing out of the tin using the greaseproof paper and leave to cool for a bit longer before cutting into squares.








See, it's so easy! You could also eat them whilst still warm and gooey with ice cream as pudding which would just be incredible. 

I'm now off to eat the last one and have a minor breakdown about the impending school year. 

-Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment